Everybody has dreams, even if they’re buried deep inside childhood fantasies and so often they are pushed to one side or belittled, and sometimes by the people closest to us. Why let this happen, dreams are what motivate us, they create desire and drive to achieve something or be something that we’ve always wanted to be. They are valuable part of who we are and we all have and need them so, here’s how to find them and make them come true.
1. Get in touch with your dreams. What do you fantasise about doing with your spare time? What extraordinary future makes you feel a little bit more alive when you imagine yourself in it? What did you dream about when you were a child? Think about it and write it all down.
2. Read books or check out websites relating to your dream. Steep yourself in the stories of people who have done or are doing what you want to do. See how they approached following their own dreams.
3. Establish a community. Make sure you have other people to talk to about your goals that will support you and not doubt your dreams. If there is no one in real life, try sites like www.einsteinfreckle.blogspot.com that let you become friends with people who will not only care about your dreams, but hold you accountable to them. But no matter what, have someone there that truly cares.
4. Identify mental obstacles that stand in the way of your dreams. For example, maybe you’ve always dreamed about becoming a painter, but you were too worried about what people think, or about not making enough money. In this case, your obstacles are ego and finances. Ask yourself honestly: What’s more important, achieving my dreams, or getting respect from my peers, or being financially secure? If I had to choose between my dreams and my other concerns, what would I choose?
5. Make changes in your life. If you’re not already working towards your dreams, you’re probably trapped in a cycle that keeps you locked away from them. Break that cycle if you can – and start to move towards your dreams.
Go get em and make your life what you want it to be.