1. Stop needing to always be right and allow yourself to accept that it’s ok to be wrong, or do something wrong, because this is all part of our continual learning process through life
2. Stop needing to control everything in your life, it’s impossible. With the best of plans and intentions shit will still happen out of your control. The only thing you really have control over is how you respond to the unexpected and sometime even the expected. So, let life happen in all it’s glory and take responsibility for you you respond to it, that way you can really enjoy it, warts and all
3. Stop blaming others, sometimes it is actually your fault and so what. We all screw up from time to time, it’s part of being human and be an awesome human being and be accountable for your screw ups, put your hands up and say,’Yep, that was me , its my fault, sorry’. No one really gives a shit if you screwup and admit it because we all do it
4. Stop self-defeating self-talk, and your limiting beliefs. They will take the joy out of your life and we only get one shot at it so stop wasting it. When you catch yourself being negative in your self-talk and having negative limiting beliefs, stop, take a moment to think about what the polar opposite is, the happy caring self-talk and the positive supportive beliefs that empower you to be who you really are. Write them down as well and keep a journal of all the positives that you can say and think about yourself, this is a nice thing to look at when you do have a bad day and will enable you to change your mood and your mindset
5. Stop complaining because whiney, whinging people are annoying and their negativity sucks the life out of other people. Be the one to stop the cycle and look for what you can learn from a possibly negative moment in life, there is always something valuable to take from it. When you do this you can be more grateful and thankful for that experience, even if it was crap at the time and you can walk away from it with a smile and all the wiser for it
6. Stop needing to impress others because it rarely does. Just do what you do with pride when you’re really good at something and be professional, courteous and respectful to others. Bragging and boasting can bring others down, so instead help other people and lift them up by sharing your knowledge and abilities. I guarantee you will feel great doing this and so will they
7. Stop resisting to change, it happens all around us all day, everyday. As a human being we replace almost every cell in our body over a period of 12 months, so you are not the same person you were last year. GET USED TO IT!!
Change is happening faster and faster whether you lie it or not. Embrace it, use it to your advantage and make really positive changes to yourself that enable you to keep up with the inevitable change sharpening around you
8. Stop your fears, take some time to really look at them and understand them. Are they really worth the tie and effort you devote to them? Yes they can be irrational, unconsciously driven and feel impossible to change. I promise you they are very possible to change. Go and see a hypnotherapist, psychotherapist or some other person with the ability to help you change the way you perceive the things that frighten you and your life will change immeasurably for the better
9. Stop making excuses like, ‘I can’t do that because of this’, or ‘It was them not me’…..bullshit!!! Be accountable for yourself and your life, stop moaning, complaining and making excuses that your life is not what you want it to be and you are not who you want to be. It’s your life, none else’s so get off your arse and grab it by the horns, make it what you want it to be and be who you really are and really want to be. It’s your right to be that person
10. Stop giving up on living your life to fit other peoples’ expectations. Forgive my language but, Fuck Everyone Else!!
Like I said in number 9, it’s your life, you must make choices that make you happy, do the job that makes you happy, love the person that makes you happy regardless of what other people may think.
If it turns out to be a poor choice down the road, at least it was your choice, you were responsible for it and you will have learned a valuable lesson from it and not been forced into a position you didn’t want to be in in the first place.
LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU NOW, learn your lessons from the past, apply them wisely now and your future will have more of what you want